Director of Risk & Tech Ops
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
As the Director of Risk & Tech Ops, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of our company. You will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing our operational processes across various departments, including compliance, risk management, and back-office functions.
- Operational Model: Enhance the cross-department Operational Model through best practices, operational playbooks, documentation, across all segments of the business in collaboration with department heads, including Technical Operations, Product and Engineering.
- Collaboration: Work closely with Tech Ops to introduce operational efficiencies with existing toolset, and/or help identify new tools and processes to implement. Work closely with Client Services, Sales and Onboarding team to determine customer pain points and opportunities to improve processes.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Work closely with the Risk team to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and implement risk mitigation strategies to protect our clients and the company's reputation. Help identify fraud and user security process improvements. Ensure the Risk team is effectively tracking progress and maintaining all necessary documentation.
- Data Analysis: Utilize data-driven insights to make informed decisions, track key performance indicators, and drive data-driven decision-making within the operations function.
- Partner Management: Manage operational activities with our external Partners, including building a relationship with the operational counterpart, driving adoption/ introduction of the Partner’s features/ services into Swan products, managing requests for new features that will enhance Swan’s products, and resolving Partner issues that impact Swan’s products and customers.
- Team Leadership: Build and lead a high-performing operations team, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Proven experience in a leadership role within financial services operations.
- Strong understanding of regulatory compliance and risk management.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated success in process optimization and team management.
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!