Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan is looking for a mid to senior level mobile developer to help the continued growth and development of Swan's mobile Flutter based app for iOS and Android.
Flutter experience is obviously a huge plus, but if you've built on React Native, you can learn quickly. We’re looking for someone who cares about user experience. Experience and/or eagerness to jump to the NodeJS api side to improve connections between the mobile team and the backend team will be important as well.
We love to hire people with a broad skill range and depth in at least one or more areas. This is a fully remote role, so excellent and high bandwidth communication is a must.
Our hours and vacations are flexible. Much of the mobile team is spread across the eastern hemisphere, so some flexibility for occasional meetings to accommodate time zones is appreciated.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Senior level experience with iOS, Android, and Flutter or React Native.
- Experience with building backend web APIs, preferably in nodeJS but any related experience and the willingness to learn is sufficient.
- Excellent communication skills, desire to own and lead a product from concept to execution.
- Solid understanding of principles of code organization and modularization.
- Have shipped at least one app to Android or iOS app stores. Show us what you’ve done!
- Desire to work in a fast paced start-up environment where you’ll have a lot of say in the product, but also lots of responsibility.
- A true passion for Bitcoin as a world-changing monetary innovation. We’re not a crypto or blockchain company. We don’t care if you’ve done any of those things in the past, but here we’re all about onboarding people into Bitcoin!
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!