Senior API Engineer
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
We're hiring a mid to senior level API and Integrations engineer with a great head for API design and implementation. The Swan API is an open platform that powers a rapidly growing set of Bitcoin companies and projects. You'll be working closely with our partners, taking part in solutions architecture, API design, and helping shape how Swan interfaces with the rest of the world.
This position is to be the primary engineer on this team with support from the broader Swan engineering team, working alongside a technical product manager, the CTO, and head of R&D and Integrations to help you shape the API.
Here are some things that will help you succeed here:
- Minimum 5 years experience in REST API design.
- You should know your HTTP codes by heart and be able to easily discuss API versioning strategies, developer experience, etc.
- Knowledge of the OpenAPI spec and the desire to be diligent with documentation.
- Thorough understanding of API authentication and authorization schemes, specifically focusing on OIDC based authentication.
- Deep experience with unit tests and test driven API design.
- A love of full stack engineering, going beyond code to infrastructure, metrics, performance, and an ability to quickly debug clients is critical.
- A desire to be involved directly with communicating and collaborating with our partner companies to build APIs and evolve them.
- Experience with NodeJS is a plus, but not required.
Here's a bit about our culture:
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, producing content for Bitcoin newsletters, podcasts, social audio platforms, and YouTube shows, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!